Mega Sena Prizes
While the minimum jackpot available on Mega Sena is R$2 million, the top prize can rapidly increase thanks to rollovers. There is no limit or cap on the jackpot, meaning that nine-figure sums are not uncommon. The more rollovers there are, the higher the top prize can climb!
If more than one player matches the entire winning line on the night, the jackpot is equally shared between all winning tickets.
Mega Sena prizes are valid for up to 90 days after the relevant draw. Prizes worth up to R$1,787.77 can be claimed from lottery agents, with larger windfalls needing to be redeemed from the Caixa Bank.
Mega Sena Prize Tiers and Odds of Winning
Approximately 46 percent of the funds raised for a Mega Sena draw are allocated to the prize fund, with the other 54 percent transferred to social initiatives in Brazil. Here are the odds of winning on Mega Sena, as well as the amount of the prize fund which is allocated to each tier:
|Match||Percentage of Prize Fund||Odds of Winning|
|6 of 6 Numbers (Jackpot)||35%||1 in 50,063,860|
|5 of 6 Numbers (Quina)||19%||1 in 154,518|
|4 of 6 Numbers (Quadra)||19%||1 in 2,332|
The overall odds of winning any Mega Sena prize on a standard ticket are 1 in 2,298.
This leaves 27 percent of the prize fund to be accounted for, 22 percent of which is kept aside for a special game that is held every five draws. Five percent is then set aside for the Mega da Virada draw.
Mega da Virada
A special Mega Sena draw, called Mega da Virada, is held every New Year’s Eve. Out of every Mega Sena draw during the year, five percent of the funds raised will be allocated for Mega da Virada, ensuring that a truly colossal sum is on offer during the festive season. The game is played exactly like Mega Sena, with ticket holders needing to match the six main numbers drawn to win the jackpot. Prizes for matching five or four main numbers are also available. Tickets for Mega da Virada typically go on sale at the beginning of December.