Oz Lotto FAQ
Playing Oz Lotto is relatively easy and the rules are straightforward but here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Oz Lotto. The answers are generally short, and often refer to more detailed explanations given elsewhere. If you have any further questions, and have not looked at the Oz Lotto and Oz Lotto results pages yet, you may find the answers there.
1. When does the Oz Lotto draw take place?
The Oz Lotto takes place at approximately 20.30 AEDT every Tuesday.Back to Top
2. What time do Oz Lotto ticket sales close?
Ticket sales for the Oz Lotto close at 18.30 AEDT on the night of the draw.Back to Top
3. How do I win playing Oz Lotto?
Players win on the Oz Lotto by matching from three numbers and the supplementary numbers. The Division 1 prize can be won by matching all seven numbers.Back to Top
4. Can I play Oz Lotto if I do not live in Australia?
Yes, thanks to our online ticket concierge service now players from outside Australia can play the Oz Lotto.Back to Top
5. If I win, how long do I have to claim a prize?
There are different claim periods for declaring your prize on the Oz Lotto, so it is best to check with your local jurisdiction to see which applies to you. Claim periods vary from 6 months to three years. If you play online, you will be automatically informed of any win.Back to Top
6. How old do I have to be to play Oz Lotto?
Players must be 18 or over in order to play the Oz Lotto.Back to Top
7. Are winnings on the Oz Lotto taxable?
There is no tax to play on the Oz Lotto but players from outside Australia are advised to check with their local tax authorities in the event of a win.Back to Top
8. What are the odds of winning a prize on Oz Lotto?
The odds of winning a prize on the Oz Lotto are 1 in 55. The odds of winning the Division 1 prize are 1 in 45,379,620.Back to Top
9. Does the Oz Lotto have a minimum guaranteed jackpot?
Yes, it is AUS $2 million.Back to Top
10. Does the Oz Lotto have a rollover limit or jackpot cap?
No, there is no jackpot cap or rollover limit to the Oz Lotto.Back to Top
11. What is the biggest jackpot ever won on the Oz Lotto?
The biggest Division 1 prize ever won was AUS $111 million, which was shared by four ticket holders on 6th November 2012.Back to Top
12. When is the next Oz Lotto draw?
Tuesday 7th July 2015 .Back to Top
13. What does the Oz Lotto jackpot currently stand at?
The next Oz Lotto jackpot is AU$5,000,000Back to Top