French Loto Prizes
The French Loto jackpot starts at a minimum of €2 million and rolls over every time it is not won, increasing in value for the following draw. The jackpot can roll over a maximum of 34 consecutive times.
All the other winning tiers apart from the lowest one are pari-mutuel, so they change from draw to draw depending on how many tickets are sold and how many winners there are. The table below shows how much of the prize fund is allocated to each tier and the odds of winning each one.
|Winning Tier||Odds of Winning||Prize Fund %|
|Match 5 + Chance Number||1 in 19,068,840||Jackpot|
|Match 5||1 in 2,118,760||8.44%|
|Match 4 + Chance Number||1 in 88,677||2.06%|
|Match 4||1 in 9,631||7.43%|
|Match 3 + Chance Number||1 in 2,016||4.44%|
|Match 3||1 in 224||15.98%|
|Match 2 + Chance Number||1 in 144||12.43%|
|Match 2||1 in 16||49.22%|
|Match 1 + Chance Number||1 in 28||€2.20 (fixed)|
|Match Chance Number||1 in 18||€2.20 (fixed)|
|Overall odds of winning any French Loto prize are 1 in 5.99|
2nd Draw Prizes
Players who enter the French Loto 2nd Draw have another chance to win prizes worth up to €100,000. There are four prizes available, starting with €3 for matching two numbers. You can see all the prizes available in the 2nd Draw, plus the odds of winning, in the table below.
|Winning Tier||Odds of Winning||Prize Amount|
|Match 5||1 in 1,906,884||€100,000 (fixed)|
|Match 4||1 in 8,668||€500 (estimated)|
|Match 3||1 in 202||€30 (estimated)|
|Match 2||1 in 14||€3 (fixed)|
|Overall odds of winning any 2nd Draw prize are 1 in 13.42|
The top prize of €100,000 and the lowest prize of €3 are both fixed amounts. The other two prizes are pari-mutuel.
Prizes are funded using 59% of the money from 2nd Draw ticket sales. Of that, 7.09% goes to pay out the top prize, before all the fixed €3 prizes are paid out. Whatever is left in the prize fund after that is split between the other two prizes: 72% goes to the Match 3 prize, and the remaining 28% goes to the Match 4 prize.
The 2nd Draw top prize does not roll over. If it is not won, the money is added to the reserve fund to be used to pay out prizes in the future when there is a shortfall. The odds of winning any prize in the main French Loto draw and the 2nd Draw are 1 in 4.
French Loto Raffle Prizes
Ten guaranteed prizes of €20,000 will be given away in each draw as part of the French Loto Raffle. Every French Loto player is automatically entered into the raffle when they buy a ticket, and the odds of winning depend on the number of participants that enter the draw.